Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

My Processor i7 - 3632QM do not have Turbo Boost

cnovickis
Beginner

Hello, good evening

I`ve  got a i7 - 3632QM  on my notebook as an upgrade from the the old i3 - 3110m. But when i tried to check it on the windows task manager the speed of my processor does not overpass the basis clock, stucked in 2,20Ghz. Even when i tried to bench whit others tools like CPUID or even de the Intel`s one`s like Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility, the clock does not surpass the basis clock. In the Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Advanced Tuning the Intel Turbo Boost Technology seems disabled without ways to put it on. I`ve tried to look up my BIOS status, concerning this issue, but it does not have option to manage. 

I`ve tried to search upgrades for my BIOS but does not exist, and I`ve tried to manage the power (energy) consuption on the windows, but didn`t work. 

What can I do to enable the turbo Boost?

Attached some screens printed and files from the Intels tools

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cnovickis, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

The processor automatically selects the best frequency depending on the workload demand. That is managed by the Operating System (OS) and is dynamic if enabled in the BIOS. 

Oh the other hand, you mentioned that your old CPU was an i3-3110M, which does not support Intel® Turbo Boost Technology as you can check here: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/65700/intel-core-i3-3110m-processor-3m-cache-2-40-ghz.html. Chances are that this specific system does not support Turbo Boost.

You will need to check with HP* as this seems to be a laptop limitation, you should verify if this system is compatible with Turbo Boost. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cnovickis,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you have additional questions.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello cnovickis,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you have any additional questions, please post a new question and we will gladly assist you.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos