Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

My cpu is slow after i updated my drivers

Zeni556
Novice

So a few days ago i was going to play an game and then i needed to update my drivers, ok, i did that and when i booted pc my hard disk was deleting all files, every time i reboot it would delete more and more, then i re-donwloaded windows and erased all files. And then when i would try to play the cpu hit 100% usage and it keeps with 100%. What can i do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Send us a shot of the Task Manager scene with CPU% selected as sorting criteria.

As well, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sounds like you picked up a package containing malware. Did you use some 3rd-party drivers site? 

...S

Zeni556
Novice
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, there is nothing in that tool nor in the driver packages on the Intel site (they are checked regularly). If something is deleting files, you picked it up elsewhere.

Other thoughts: Is this perhaps a Optane-based file system?

...S

0 Kudos
Zeni556
Novice

Well i redownloaded windows and the deleting files error dissapeared, but when i try to play roblox it runs at 2 fps and my cpu always beat 100%

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Send us a shot of the Task Manager scene with CPU% selected as sorting criteria.

As well, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. When you start the tool, select Everything and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, open a response post here and then, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your response post), upload and attach this text file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Zeni556,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos