Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14515 Discussions

My i5 6600k is really struggling with some games.. I build the PC 2 years ago but in those old days it didn't have these problems. Does someone know a solution?, I've googled this issue, more people have the same issue, but i cant find a solution.

RZegg1
Beginner

My PC setup:

CPU: Intel I5-6600K

cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P - 1.0

SSD: Kingston HyperX FURY (120GB)

Issue example;

When i start Rainbow Six Siege, or GTA V my CPU usage goes to 100% in taskmanager... with as result that everything slows down, and even discord stops working.

I've tried to update drivers by windows update but it couldn't find updates

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The drivers for your processor can be found here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88191/intel-core-i5-6600k-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-90-ghz.html

And, you can use drivers provided by gigabyte for your board.

Any other problems, you need to evaluate your system, specifically your OS version, any and all startups, remove all anti-virus products and use Windows Defender, and clean up your system.

You also need to check the requirements of the games.

Doc

0 Kudos
RZegg1
Beginner

Thanks for the reply,

I think my windows is the problem.

Windows is slow when I let windows defender scan my PC, (not normal slow but really slow) and the scans take far to long...

Also when I intall a driver I get the following meassage:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"

Ill try to install a clean version of windows 10 and and reinstall drivers. Then wil try it again and let you know.

game requirements are good for my PC.

0 Kudos