Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

My i5 6600k is really struggling with some games.. I build the PC 2 years ago but in those old days it didn't have these problems. Does someone know a solution?, I've googled this issue, more people have the same issue, but i cant find a solution.

My PC setup:

CPU: Intel I5-6600K

cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P - 1.0

SSD: Kingston HyperX FURY (120GB)

Issue example;

When i start Rainbow Six Siege, or GTA V my CPU usage goes to 100% in taskmanager... with as result that everything slows down, and even discord stops working.

I've tried to update drivers by windows update but it couldn't find updates

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

The drivers for your processor can be found here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/88191/intel-core-i5-6600k-processor-6m-cache-up...

And, you can use drivers provided by gigabyte for your board.

Any other problems, you need to evaluate your system, specifically your OS version, any and all startups, remove all anti-virus products and use Windows Defender, and clean up your system.

You also need to check the requirements of the games.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the reply,

I think my windows is the problem.

Windows is slow when I let windows defender scan my PC, (not normal slow but really slow) and the scans take far to long...

Also when I intall a driver I get the following meassage:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer"

Ill try to install a clean version of windows 10 and and reinstall drivers. Then wil try it again and let you know.

game requirements are good for my PC.

0 Kudos