Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

My i7 8700 doesn't Show Core Temp

AsHaH13
Beginner

My processor seams like it is working and all just that the Core Temps are not show and the CPU does get a little bit hot. How do I send it back for Warranty and All.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

How are you attempting to display the Core temperatures? Have you tried using a tool like AIDA64 or HWiNFO64?

...S

0 Kudos
AsHaH13
Beginner

Same from All check with different Mobo also the same. This is from bios ASUS mobo.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
No, don't ever rely on displays in BIOS. Boot into O/S and display there.
...S
0 Kudos
AsHaH13
Beginner

Its the same with HWMonitor and all other software. Core Temp 0c

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, you've convinced me. This processor needs to be replaced.

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local phone numbers, by geography:

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered in English only and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos