Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

My intel i5-8400 PC with Windows 10 Build 1809 freeze/hang frequently for few seconds even with no apps open.

Abhijith_B
Novice

I try to reset OS. I try to reinstall with lastest drivers for everthing, GPU is gtx 1050ti. What should I do ?????????

(My system is Intel i5 8400 on Gigabyte M360M D3H with 8 GB 2400Mhz DDR4 RAM & Gtx 1050ti)

8 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
AB22, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support and for sharing that report. In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: Is this a new computer? Was it working fine before? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? When did the issue start? The problem of the PC getting freeze could be related to many different factors, like memory RAM, HDD/SSD or even the video card. Did you try to restores the BIOS settings to defaults? We can also try a BIOS update on the system, the latest version available is F11: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-D3H-rev-10#support-dl-bios Do you have the option to test the PC without the video card? This is to rule out a possible problem with that component. If the problem persists, then we can try to test the PC using just one memory RAM stick at the time with each stick to confirm if that is the source of the problem. We also have a tool to test the processor, Intel® Diagnostics Tool that does an overall test on the unit, including a temperature test, so if the processor passed the test then it should be working fine: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Do you have the option to test your processor on a different board, or test your board with a different processor? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
AB22, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Abhijith_B
Novice

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for replying. I run Intel diagnostics tool that mentioned in your reply in my PC. Results all are fine. Temperature are within limits. still my PC is lagging and freezing now and then for few seconds. I'll reply after once i test PC without GPU.

I'm using single ddr4 2400 mhz ram stick. BIOS is updated with f11 update.

Regards,

Abhijith B

0 Kudos
Abhijith_B
Novice

Hi Alberto,

I run Intel diagnostics tool without GPU on. Results all are fine. Temperature are within limits.

Regards,

Abhijith B

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hi AB22, You are welcome. Thank you for providing those results. Perfect, it is great to hear that the results all are fine and the temperature are within limits. Just to confirm, is the PC still lagging and freezing when you use it without the GPU? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
AB22, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Abhijith_B
Novice

FINALLY.... problem solved after upgrading SSD firmware. Thank You for support. :)

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
AB22, You are very welcome. Excellent, it is great to hear that the problem got resolved by upgrading the SSD firmware. Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation