Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

My ipdt test failed at prime number. What does this mean?

KA
Beginner

After updating the new driver and downloading the diagnostic tool it passed the first time. I have been having issues with the on video card disabling and before I install a new PCI card I did the test and it failed at the Prime Number module. I've tried searching on the web to find answers with no luck. I attached the test report and hope someone can help me find a solution. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello, Ktel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool test you are running on your system fails. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In this case, what might be happening is that the IPDT is not recognizing in full the features of your system because it can be a bit old for this version. This does not mean that the processor is defective.

You can try a workaround here:

As per the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/processors/sb/theintelprocessordiagnostictoolinwindowsuserguider.pdf Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool Windows * - User Guide, page 20, the CPU brand string test library determines which Intel® CPU is being tested using one of two modes, presence test mode or verification mode. The mode being used is determined by the SkipConfig parameter in the IPDTconfig.xml configuration file found in the IPDT folder. Please read this section in the manual and proceed with the changes mentioned on it.

In addition, verify if there is a BIOS update for your computer and, try setting your BIOS settings back to default and run the test again.

Antony S.
0 Kudos