Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

My monitor won't wake up while idling on log in screen.

maninthebox
Beginner

A couple of days ago, I decided to upgrade my CPU and MOBO so I purchased an I5 12400F and a Gigabyte H610M H. So I did a fresh installation of Windows 11 and everything went good at first but I noticed that my monitor wont wake up if I left my PC idling in the lock screen (previous to log in). If I do the same after I log in my monitor wakes up without any issues. Everything is updated in terms of BIOS, drivers, etc. I tried older GPU drivers (Radeon 5600XT) but the result is the same. I reinstalled Windows 11 again but it didn't fix the problem. On Windows 10 the problem is even worse because my monitor won't turn on and sometimes the system reboots. I tried a different GPU (GTX 1060) but the issue persists. With my previous hardware I didn't have this problem so I thought that maybe my CPU or MOBO were faulty but I tried different stress tests and I didn't have a single crash or overheating so I wouldn't blame my hardware. Maybe these are just incompatibity issues? I would like to know if maybe someone else reported something similar so I could wait for a fix.

PS: I checked all options that could affect the behavior of my PC in BIOS and power plan settings but nothing worked.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello maninthebox

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

The issue you are experiencing is related to the graphics issue; the CPU is not involved in this type of issue as your CPU does not include any integrated graphics. The problem seems to be related to the Operating system or the graphics driver installed on your system. My suggestion is to contact Microsoft or your motherboard to confirm if the issue is related to the Operating system or drivers.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello maninthebox,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos