Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

My old computer at work won't run Windows 11

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Shouldn't my company have to buy me a new computer?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Windows 10 will be supported through October 14, 2025.

Leon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Windows 10 will be supported through October 14, 2025.

Leon

ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

That's not what I want to hear!  Employers are so dumb.  They could keep their employees happy with new equipment for a nominal cost, but they keep the old junk.  I have read that's one of the reasons for so much employee turnover.  I might join them!

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

Okay, I take my post back.  Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone!

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

@ClariceStarling wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to brick my computer so the boss will have to buy me a new one ... how do you guys do it?

Wait/what?

If I saw someone trying to do that I'd fire them on the spot, and you're certainly not entitled to free upgrades on a work computer, it's not yours to claim or influence, at all. Also I'd be very surprised if any work/enterprise environment will be rolling out Windows 11 for at least another 4 years or so...

There's plenty of good reasons to avoid bleeding edge software for anything critical.

AlHill
Super User

@ClariceStarling

"I'm trying to figure out how to brick my computer so the boss will have to buy me a new one ... how do you guys do it?"

I have to respond.  You have provided some entertainment in the forum that I enjoyed.   But, asking a question like that is wrong.  You are indicating that you will destroy company property.  Companies often have limited funds.  Ny making them replace your computer for no good reason except as a toy for you to play with is wrong.  Obviously, you could careless about the company's success and survival financially.

It also means you are a vandal.  You have already confessed to pre-mediatated distruction of company property on a public forum.   How much longer before you actually destroy the property, and then get caught?

Very disappointing to see such behaviour on the forum, and in the work place.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]