Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

N4200 board can not boot up

XXu15
Beginner

Our newly designed N4200 board, PMIC uses the TPS65094. After powered up, the PMIC can correctly supply power other than VCC_VCGI.

The signal of the N4200 reading bios only lasted for about 150us, and then stopped, no VCC_VCGI setting and PLTRST de-asserted. This problem occurs because the power supply is not good, or the strap configuration is wrong. What suggestions do you have?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, xux. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

In this case, we understand that your system has an Intel® Processor inside however since you are saying that your power supply might be defective, I recommend you to get in touch with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of your board since they designed and support the mainboard.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
XXu15
Beginner

this board is our design.From the phenomenon, the system stops somewhere, reading bios only has only a short time,about 150us. The system has not yet executed to SETVID, so no VCC_CGI, is TXE(CSE) stopped during execution or finished?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, xux. Thank you for your response.

In this case, for you to receive better assistance I recommend you to open a ticket at the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html Intel® Resource & Design Center or get in touch with your Intel® Authorized Distributor to get a Fiel Application Engineer (FAe).

Antony S.

0 Kudos
XXu15
Beginner

thanks. this abnormal boot up is because of the wrong strapping setting, has been solved.

0 Kudos
Vivek1
Beginner

Hi ,

can you please let us know the exact strap pin , we are also facing exactly same issue here withe E3930 processor.

0 Kudos