Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

NEED THE BEST PROCESSOR

Ahzan
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to build the best minecraft Gaming PC, so can you please tell me your best gaming processor you have ever made. By the way I don't care about which motherboard is required for the processor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

I just checked and it is on Microsoft's suppprted list.  It is still 5 years old.   But, if that is what you want, go for it,  Personally, I would not want to be 5 years from being current.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

"best" is a relative term.

Start here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/serious-gaming.html

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Ahzan
Beginner

This was very useful but what i want to know is Intel® Core™ i9-12900K better than Intel Core i9 X-Series Extreme Edition - Core i9-7980XE Skylake X 18-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 2066 165W BX80673I97980X Desktop Processor at playing minecraft and to build the perfect gaming pc.  

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The 7980XE is 5 years old.   Go with the latest processor - the 12900K.

Plus, Windows 11 is not supported on the 7980XE.

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Ahzan
Beginner

But I have read that 7980XE have Windows 11 support and a great VR experience.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I just checked and it is on Microsoft's suppprted list.  It is still 5 years old.   But, if that is what you want, go for it,  Personally, I would not want to be 5 years from being current.

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Ahzan
Beginner

Ok then as per your advice I think I will buy the 12900K.But just to make sure are you actually sure that 12900k is better than 7980XE.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can compare the two processors here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=126699,134599

I am not advising you to get the 12900K.   I am saying that I would, as I would not want to have a processor that is already 5-years old.

[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Ahzan
Beginner

Ok. Thank you For your help.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

I would also go for the 12th Gen... support and compatibility releases for the X Series-based platforms would not be offered the same long-term period that it would be for the newer 12th Gen...

Plus, you're getting the option to take advance of new features with 12th Gen, support for DDR5, PCIe 5, Thunderbolt 4, and so on...

I wouldn't base my purchase decision just on a single-game use purposes... but if that is what you are looking for... I mean, if you are only focusing on a CPU for this game... my advice is to go and google for benchmarks testing both CPUs with the said game and you may then take that into consideration...

Disclaimer: I am not advising to buy the 12th Gen either... just sharing my personal opinion... You need to do your own research and take the final decision based on what you found and what you need...

0 Kudos
Ahzan
Beginner

Yeah, I Think that is a good idea.

0 Kudos