Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Need help with I7 8700 Processor

Djb93
Beginner

Good day all, I recently rebuilt my computer into a new case and while checking over my temperatures I was a little worried about the temperature of my processor specifically while playing games. 

My temperatures while idle or while writing this are reaching around 60 degrees Celsius. When I'm playing games (Call of duty warzone) my temperatures max are about 85-90 degrees Celsius. I am currently using CPUID HWMonitor to check the temperatures. I never checked them before rebuilding so this could of been happening for a while. I just wanted to check with someone who knows a little more because I am curious if this is safe. I don't want to ruin my processor.

The specs of the PC are as followed:
Intel I7 8700
RTX 3070
16 GB DDR4 Ram
I also added a block cooler on and made sure I put thermal paste on the processor instead of using the stock CPU fan. 

Thank you so much in advanced and please let me know if there is anything else I can do

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Djb93,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We understand that you have some concerns in regards to the temperatures of your processor.

I would like to share with you some information that might be helpful to answer your concerns:

1.    For the kind of workload that you are performing, it could be expected to get higher temperatures and usage of the processor. When processors are operating at or near its maximum frequency it’s possible for the temperatures to grow compared to other tasks.

2.  After checking your processor specifications, we can see that the maximum temperature allowed by the processor is 100C. As long as the system is working under the specified parameters I would say that the processor is working as expected.

3.  You might want to verify with your motherboard manufacturer that you are running the latest BIOS and using the appropriate settings to ensure top performance and system stability.

Intel processors constantly monitor their temperatures and can adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage to components.

In case that you want to ensure that the processor is working as expected, please take a look at the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

This tool will perform a full scan of your processor and test it under different stress test and will determine the proper functionality of the device.

Please let me know if you find this information useful.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Djb93,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Djb93, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos