Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Never ending 'Scanning your system' Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Mateusz_K
Beginner

I have a problem with the Intel Driver & Support Assistant on my Dell with Windows 11 Home 21H2. The scanning message appears ('Scanning your system ...'), but scanning never completes.I tried on Edge and Firefox. I cleared the browser cache. I uninstalled using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller and reinstalled. Still the same. Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Mateusz_K,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before?
  2. When did the issue start happening?
  3. Do you get any error codes?

Please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mateusz_K
Beginner

Hello Josue,

1. Yes, it was working properly. 

2. It broke after update to version 21.6.39.5.

3. I have no error codes.

Please see attached file. 

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Mateusz_K,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, this is a known issue and an Intel team is working to release the fix as soon as possible. The ETA for the fix to get released is on November 11th. 

In case you need to install the latest drivers available, you can manually install them by downloading the driver files from our download center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Mateusz_K
Beginner

I have installed the latest version and now the scan works fine. The program also detected the possibility of installing a new graphics driver today, so it looks like the DSA is working properly.
Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Mateusz_K,

I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and you are able to use the tool properly. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos