Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

New Processor - signs of usage in land pads

GChri13
Beginner

Is it normal for a brand new (Xeon W) processor to have signs in the land pads (of installation in a socket)?

If not (if they are not from manufacturer),  could the processor be damaged of electrostatic discharge in a way that is not easy to diagnose? I mean, if I test the processor (Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool) and test passes without problems, can I be sure, that the processor is totally OK (even if someone handled the processor without the necessary ESD protection).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello GChri13

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

We understand that you want to know if the marks on the land pads are expected. in order, o look into your case we are going to send you a private email to request full pictures of the unit.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello GChri13

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

We understand that you want to know if the marks on the land pads are expected. in order, o look into your case we are going to send you a private email to request full pictures of the unit.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GChri13
Beginner

After you confirmed that pin marks should be from the socket test done on the processor at the factory, I have installed and tested the processor (Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool) and everything works fine. All tests passed.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello GChri13,

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the CPU in question; based on these pictures and for this specific CPU, we are going to share the information in a private email.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos