Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

New cpu

Psycrow
Beginner

I bought the 11900k cpu and its fast, but also generate alot of heat. I know the right cooling can be installed but im not in to water or "ice" cooling. So i got this NH-u12a cooler with 2 fans and currently i got the cpu under 85 c in benchmarks load and 65 -70 ish c when i play games.

But im changing my Hero xiii Motherboard out with a ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XIII EXTREME - Z590 - LGA1200 due to to coilnoie and heat for chipset problems..a hot chipset on a hot cpu dosent work well in the long run.

So i want to ask in here what cpu i chould buy that is better then the 11900k.

8 cores  Lga 1200 chip. One that dosent get so hot and yet has nice OC stats.

if this cpu exist at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Psycrow,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Bear in mind that Intel does not advise to overclock the processor since this could damage it and might void the warranty. As per the right CPU, this could depend on the usage that you want to give it or the compatibility with all your hardware. 

I recommend you to use the "Compare" option in ark.intel.com to look for the best processor for you. Please use the following link for instructions:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027710/processors.html

Also, any temperature under 100°C is normal and expected as well as the temperatures spikes. However, if the temperatures are above 100°C, this can be considered as overheating and you may need to change the thermal paste and the colling solution (if needed) as part of the troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists you can get in contact with us for further assistance.

I do recommend you to check with the motherboard manufacturer for overclocking instructions and for extra tips to control the temperatures as well.

Please let me know if you need further assistance, otherwise, I will close the thread

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Psycrow,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Bear in mind that Intel does not advise to overclock the processor since this could damage it and might void the warranty. As per the right CPU, this could depend on the usage that you want to give it or the compatibility with all your hardware. 

I recommend you to use the "Compare" option in ark.intel.com to look for the best processor for you. Please use the following link for instructions:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027710/processors.html

Also, any temperature under 100°C is normal and expected as well as the temperatures spikes. However, if the temperatures are above 100°C, this can be considered as overheating and you may need to change the thermal paste and the colling solution (if needed) as part of the troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists you can get in contact with us for further assistance.

I do recommend you to check with the motherboard manufacturer for overclocking instructions and for extra tips to control the temperatures as well.

Please let me know if you need further assistance, otherwise, I will close the thread

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician