Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Newegg Customer Service

snurfle
Beginner

I do not know if this is the right place to post this, apologies if it is not:

I recently built a new system, which included an i9-9900k processor. A large number of components were purchased from newegg.

One of the components did not match the specs given by newegg on the product page.

When the component failed almost immediately, I contacted newegg and explained the bad info on their product description page.

I was informed by newegg that they are not responsible for misprints, because they simply paste in the info given by the manufacturer, and if that info is wrong, then it is not a newegg problem, and I need to contact their supplier.

As it turns out, the supplier has the correct information listed, only newegg has the wrong specs... and therefor it is a newegg problem.

Newegg refused to listen to me, and refused to go to their suppliers page and see the error for themselves. They also refused to help me, and instead sent me back to their supplier.

I left a poor review, and cited the specific errors in the product specs.

Newegg deleted the review.

I left a second review, less critical but still listing the exact specs from the supplier.

Newegg deleted that review as well.

I still have a product that is demonstrably broken due to bad specs on newegg's site; they refuse to help me, and after two months, still have bad info on their site.

Since they refuse to listen to their customers, I wanted to share their underhanded business practices with all of the suppliers that I purchased products from through newegg, and let them know that newegg is a toxic company with the worst kind of business practices.

If they won't listen to their direct customers, maybe they will listen to their suppliers.

Good day.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

Newegg has become very bad about deleting reviews about them (and their partners, some of which are really bad).

This has happened to me in the past couple of months, where three of my reviews were deleted.

What can you do? Not much when the company hides behind a screen.

Doc

0 Kudos