Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

No display after processor replacement

jobi
Beginner

I have replaced my processor recently and after the replacement pc is not booting. 

The details are

mother board D945GNT  775 socket

processor pentium 4  630 3.00GHz (existing)

bios  version 3528

OS windows 7

The pentium 4 was replaced with pentium D 820, 2.80GHz. As per the Intel support document list pentium D is supported by D945GNT mother board with a bios version of 2706 and above.But the system was not booting, no display on the monitor,but the processor fan spinning normally,glowing the green LED light on the board but without any HDD LED glowing. I have checked all the cable applied new thermal paste, tried with 2 processors but no result.

Is there any problem due to reduced speed of processor? once put back the old p4 processor everything works normally as usual.

please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You are talking about a 2005 motherboard.  Either the processors are faulty, or the board is failing.

You might want to flash the bios again (using your old processor).  If that does not help, live with the old processor.

My personel opinion is to donate the board and processors to a recycle facility, and get new hardware.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, you might try another power supply.

Doc

0 Kudos
jobi
Beginner

thank you for the prompt reply. 
my psu is 450 w capacity. anyway let me try that as well. i have already tested  the   processors on other boards and working

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello jobi

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful. 

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html  

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at http://ark.intel.com/ > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer being monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos