Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

No puedo actualizar el Controlador de Graficos Intel en Windows 10 (Error 39)

Ferdo
Beginner

Tengo un procesador Core i5 10400 en una Mobo z490 Tuf gaming de Asus con Windows 10 Pro, me puse a jugar y la computadora se apago, creo que la tarjeta madre encendio el LED de CPU antes de hacerlo.
Cuando logre encenderla nuevamente el rendimiento de los graficos integrados no era el mismo. Revise y en el administrador de dispositivos en Display adapters el controlador de graficos aparece con un simbolo de admiracion y un triangulo amarillo en el , y en propiedades me dice:  "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39 )". (Tambien hay un simbolo de admiracion en: Intel(R) Ethernet conection (11) I219-V , en Intel(R) Management engine interface#1, en PCI device y en SM bus controller).
   Intente actualizar el controlador de graficos con el asistente de intel pero casi al acabar la actualizacion mi pantalla de pone negra y no pasa de ahi hasta que reinicio la computadora. Parece que reinicia sin problemas pero sin haber instalado nada.
  Intente actualizar el controlador manualmente con el archivo Zip pero de igual manera me deja la pantalla en negro y tengo que reiniciar, lo que provoca problemas y tengo que regresar a un punto de restauracion del sistema que previamente cree en windows.
     No cual sea la razon de esto y quisiera que me orientaran, la computadora tuvo estos fallos aproximandamente a la hora de haberla ensamblado.
    Por lo que no se si cometi algun error que pudiera haber causado esto o el procesador pueda estar dañado o la tarjeta madre pueda estar dañada.
 Ojala me puedan orientar para saber como actuar, de antemano gracias.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I need to inform you that our support is only provided in English. Therefore, we may not be able to translate any screenshots 

attached to the thread. 

After reviewing your post I understand that you are getting error code 39 in device manager under the graphics adapter tab.

To better assist you, I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• What driver version did you try to install?
  • Is your operating system up to date?
  • Did you get any BSOD error prior to the shutdown of your computer? If so, do you remember the error code?

To determine the appropriate functionality of your processor I would like to share with you the following utilities:

Please run the following tool and attach the reports generated.   

1)     Intel® System Support Utility(Intel® SSU) 

1.    Download link

2.    Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. 

3.      By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   

4.    Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   

5.    To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   

2)     IPDT:

Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and send the results either in a .txt file. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply. 

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Ferdo
Beginner

Hello, thank you very much for your prompt reply.
First I leave you some screenshots of what I see in device manager:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Here te information you asked me for:

• What driver version did you try to install?

4.jpg

• Is your operating system up to date? i think it is7.jpg
  • Did you get any BSOD error prior to the shutdown of your computer? If so, do you remember the error code?

Not the first time it shut down but I do remember a blue screen with Critical_process_died message.

---------------------------------------------------------

1)     Intel® System Support Utility(Intel® SSU) :

5.jpg

2)     IPDT:

6.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo,

Thank you so much for your response and the additional information attached.

After reviewing the reports there is some information that I would like to share with you:

Based on the IPDT results, we can determine that there is no failure with the processor itself, this test performs several stress tests for both processor and integrated graphics. If the result is “PASS” that indicates that the unit is working as expected.

On the other hand, I noticed that in terms of graphics drivers you are currently using an outdated version. To properly approach the error message that you are getting I would recommend a Clean Install of the Graphics driver. The latest driver is version 27.20.100.8935.

To do so please check the steps below:

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.  You can find it here.

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.  

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features.  

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Display Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.  

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:  

a. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'  

b. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.  

c. Click on 'Uninstall'.  

d. Restart. (Repeat steps listed in poing 6 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft

Basic Display Adapter')  

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.  

8. Restart the computer.  

Feel free to check the following article as a reference.

Please let me know what the outcome is after these steps.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Ferdo
Beginner

Hello again, I hope you are well.

I've been through a lot:
first I removed the driver that appeared under Display Adapter. and the Display Adapter option disappeared from Device Manager.

3.jpg

when restarting again (without internet connection) I had problems and had to go to a system restore point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to delete the intel driver again and see if I could add the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from Add Legacy hardware->Display adapter,  but I only got these options:

1.jpg

2.jpg
so it couldn't.

So I decided to try installing the executable without restarting the computer. and I got this message whether I tried to install it with the executable or if I tried to do it manually:

4.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I restarted the computer 2 or 3 times (with internet connection) because it did not go past the MoBo welcome screen, but on one of those occasions it was able to restart:

Reviewing the Device Manager I noticed an error in an intel audio driver, when updating it automatically with the windows options that driver was fixed and also, in Display Adapter, Microsoft Basic Display Adapter finally appeared, which left me in a position to install the intel driver with the executable, so I tried, it started, but again after a while of starting the installation the screen goes black and I have to restart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 So now my Display Adapter looks like this:
5.jpg

6.jpg
But I am still unable to install the driver without problems, is there any other graphical driver that is more stable?
Does it have something to do with the motherboard? (I say this because of "no ACPI support" when trying to add legacy hardware)
What else could it be?

It is my report for now, hopefully the information is useful.
We are still in communication, thank you

Ferdo

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo,

Thank you so much for your response.

I would like to make sure that the following steps will be performed:

1. Access the Device Manager, click under “Display Adapters”
  2. Once the “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” shows, right-click on it and click “Properties”
  3. Click on the “Driver” tab and click “Update Driver”
  4. Click “Browse my computer for driver software”
  5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Click Have Disk.
  7. Click Browse. Select the location where the .zip file was extracted.
  8. Click Next. Drivers are being installed.
  9. Reboot the computer when prompted.

Please consider that we will try the file named: igfx_win10_100.8935.zip and it can be found here.

Please let me know how it goes.

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Ferdo
Beginner

Hello, good day Esteban,

I tried to do the procedure following step by step and this is what I got:

Ferdo_1-1606422308440.jpeg

 and later:

Ferdo_2-1606422604058.jpeg

Here I leave a screenshot of how the folders look on my desktop and what contains the unzipped file:

Ferdo_3-1606422680140.jpeg

Ferdo_4-1606422717891.jpeg

As always, thank you.

Ferdo

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo,

Thank you so much for your response.

I really appreciate you patience through this process and all the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

To better assist you, I would recommend that you contact Intel Customer Support directly as I consider that a remote session would be great to expedite the resolution of this issue. 

We offer live support via chat or phone and the live support agent will be more than glad to assist you with this.

You can always provide this thread as a reference and all the steps performed will be documented internally.

For contact information by region:

For U.S and Canada technical support click here.

For Latin America technical support click here.

For Europe, Middle East and Africa(EMEA) click here

For Asian-Pacific(APAC) click here.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo,

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Ferdo, 

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos