Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

Normal working temperature range of Intel Core i5 8300-H

MaksymSayadov
Beginner

Hello everybody! I have question regarding work temperature of my Intel Core i5 8300-H processor.  Sorry for my Engilsh, I'm not native speaker. 

Since last cleaning and cooling paste change past a bit more than 6 month.  During ordinary internet browsing and surfing I've found that  processor average temperature is in range 53-58 deg. Celicius. Should it be lower than this with only browsing?  After a while I do experience frequent temperature jumping in range from 73-80-97 deg. C. and vice versa while ordinary page browsing. I try not to block the ventilation cooling areas. So I'm interested what is normal working range of this processor since 100 deg. C.  is maximum allowed. Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53.  Just in case : cooling paste -Zalman ZM-STG2.  I almost do not run any hard stuff on this laptop.  

Thank you in advance for information!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MaksymSayadov
Beginner

Updating temp via nitrosense. Still actively using only Microsoft Edge.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seeing temperatures in the 50's while browsing is perfectly reasonable. Seeing temperatures in the 70's and 80's while under load is also perfectly reasonable. Seeing temperatures spike (i.e., very short-term) into the 90's - and yes, even close to 100c (or whatever Tjmax for the processor is) - is also reasonable (but perhaps a little concerning). Seeing temperatures staying in the 90's for longer periods (i.e. more than, say, 10-20 seconds at a time) is NOT reasonable and is a sign of inadequate cooling.

...S

0 Kudos