OVERCLOCKING

Noisyboy
Beginner

How to overclock an i5-8250U processor?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

overclocking of intel processors are not recommended by intel and from normal users , but at your risk , you can do overclocking by intel XTU software

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427

0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Noisyboy , Thank you for posting in our Intel® community. I understand that you are looking to overclock your Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor. In this case altering clock frequency and/or voltage may reduce system stability and useful life of the system and processor; cause the processor and other system components to fail; cause reductions in system performance; cause additional heat or other damage; and affect system data integrity. Intel ® has not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. Overclocking is supported only for unlocked processors which are the Processors with K letter in their name and the Intel® Core™ X-series Processors. For users that still want to overclock a unit under their own risk, we now offer the Performance Tuning Protection Plan The Performance Tuning Protection Plan is an additional plan that you can purchase to cover boxed processor failures caused by operating the CPU values outside of Intel’s default ones. For more information please visit: https://click.intel.com/tuningplan/faq I hope to this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Noisyboy, We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance. Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Noisyboy, We just wanted to check if you still need help. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos
Diego_S_Intel
Employee
Hello Noisyboy, We just wanted to check if you still need help. We are closing you case as we have not heard anything back from you. Please do not hesitate on contacting us in case that further assistance is needed. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
0 Kudos