Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Other processor cooler

JGN-BRA
Beginner
So buddy, I had a Pentium G4560 and now I'm going to put the i7 7700, and since I was without the i7 Cooler Box, I would also like to know if I can use the G4560 Cooler Box on the i7 7700?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be able to.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=97128,97143

However, have you checked with the manufacturer of your motherboard to make sure the i7-7700 is supported by THEIR BIOS?

Doc

JGN-BRA
Beginner
Hello, my Bios is in the F25 version on my motherboard with LGA1151 socket, it is from Gygabite GA-H110M-S2V
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

We know nothing about what processors the gigabyte bios supports, which is why you need to contact them.

Doc

0 Kudos
JGN-BRA
Beginner
Plus the Pentium G4560 Cooler Box on the i7 7700 works right?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, I believe that the heatsink-fan unit that comes with the Pentium G4560 is rated for 65W, so should handle this Core i7-7700. If you are seeing processor temperatures above, say, 90 degrees, you might want to consider getting a better cooler.

How are you obtaining this Core i7-7700? If you are purchasing it used, then it has no warranty. Only the original owner has a warranty. This warranty becomes null and void when the processor is passed on to a second party. If you are purchasing it (supposedly) new as a tray processor (i.e. not boxed with a heatsink-fan unit of its own), remember that this processor is (a) not new and (b) it does not come with a warranty. Tray processors are intended to be purchased by OEMs and used in their system-level products; they are not intended to be sold to end users (nor anyone else making a grey market purchase). These OEMs will have a separate warranty agreement with Intel. Thus, no warranty entitlement comes with the processors themselves. Buyer beware! There's a good reason why these processors seem cheaper (but really aren't, as you would find out if you had to approach Intel regarding replacement).

...S

0 Kudos
JGN-BRA
Beginner
The Pentium G4560 has 54W, do you think you can?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos
JGN-BRA
Beginner

Place the G4560 Cooler on the i7 7700?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, it should work. As I said, watch the temperatures. If, under loadm you are seeing sustained temperatures above 90c, then you will need to replace this heatsink-fan unit with a better one.

...S

0 Kudos