Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11688 Discussions

Other processor cooler

JGN-BRA
Beginner
So buddy, I had a Pentium G4560 and now I'm going to put the i7 7700, and since I was without the i7 Cooler Box, I would also like to know if I can use the G4560 Cooler Box on the i7 7700?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should be able to.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=97128,97143

However, have you checked with the manufacturer of your motherboard to make sure the i7-7700 is supported by THEIR BIOS?

Doc

JGN-BRA
Beginner
Hello, my Bios is in the F25 version on my motherboard with LGA1151 socket, it is from Gygabite GA-H110M-S2V
AlHill
Super User

We know nothing about what processors the gigabyte bios supports, which is why you need to contact them.

Doc

JGN-BRA
Beginner
Plus the Pentium G4560 Cooler Box on the i7 7700 works right?
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, I believe that the heatsink-fan unit that comes with the Pentium G4560 is rated for 65W, so should handle this Core i7-7700. If you are seeing processor temperatures above, say, 90 degrees, you might want to consider getting a better cooler.

How are you obtaining this Core i7-7700? If you are purchasing it used, then it has no warranty. Only the original owner has a warranty. This warranty becomes null and void when the processor is passed on to a second party. If you are purchasing it (supposedly) new as a tray processor (i.e. not boxed with a heatsink-fan unit of its own), remember that this processor is (a) not new and (b) it does not come with a warranty. Tray processors are intended to be purchased by OEMs and used in their system-level products; they are not intended to be sold to end users (nor anyone else making a grey market purchase). These OEMs will have a separate warranty agreement with Intel. Thus, no warranty entitlement comes with the processors themselves. Buyer beware! There's a good reason why these processors seem cheaper (but really aren't, as you would find out if you had to approach Intel regarding replacement).

...S

JGN-BRA
Beginner
The Pentium G4560 has 54W, do you think you can?
n_scott_pearson
JGN-BRA
Beginner

Place the G4560 Cooler on the i7 7700?
n_scott_pearson

Yes, it should work. As I said, watch the temperatures. If, under loadm you are seeing sustained temperatures above 90c, then you will need to replace this heatsink-fan unit with a better one.

...S