Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Overclocking i7-6770HQ?

lEdge
New Contributor I

I know this processor or board is not designed for overclocking. It's not an extreme and unlocked product. But, I'm stuck with the limited options that I might as well take advantage of. What is the normal cache frequency because mine is 3.2Ghz to match the processor speed. Not, to mention I don't need hard work. I do a lot of work on the computer so it must be stable and entertaining at the same time. Not to mention I don't mind 5 minute video rendering from time to time. And, apparently about 800,000 megabytes a second of emulated video bandwidth. I really understand the problem now. It's not per megabytes a milliseconds.

I also edited to add the Intel XTU profile.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello lEdge,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I
It's just a simple question. I will just assume that the CPU cache is always the same as CPU speed. From what I find on the internet. Not to mention sometimes someone will try to overclock it to be slightly higher.
Which I understand as I mentioned above. I don't really have that feature.
But, it's still unclear what I can change in the bios. I'm still confused about override settings. If that setting is supposed to define the actual times. Or it just adds to the current times that this board is designed for. Because clearly I can't subtract in this situation.
And, I figured out what XTU does. It's apparently just a basic graphic profile. So the settings do absolutely nothing unless the profile is running in the background.
I guess thanks for nothing. It's like a very out of tune AMD graphics processor. It would be cold if I just use it at 499 MHZ clock time.
0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

I know the idea of discontinued products.

But, I still have some time of nothing. I just noticed that it's pretty new compared to other products. And, I actually checked the Warranty Status after all. Not because I don't trust Intel. Because I want to make sure they keep counting nothing. I'm just relatively relaxing with that status too. It's not like I can get hardware support from some guy on Amazon. It's not all that clear what I'm allowed to do. Except I never really used services like that anyway.

I also included a screenshot shot. Be careful it's ugly. And I also removed all the serial and packaging information from the shot. If Intel cares they can request it.

Screenshot_20220706-110145~3.png

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

I just hope that no one at Intel gets paid while I wait for this warranty to expire. That's what I expect.

0 Kudos
lEdge
New Contributor I

And my means are necessary while you are still around.

Because I don't understand why Improvement Program blocks have to be choppy. As far as I understand I don't need DCH drivers. Especially for certain unsupported products like Windows10/11 and a bunch of Linux/Ubuntu picks.

That's like the only thing that continues to haunt my warranty deal. I think that's more important to clean up right now.

0 Kudos