Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

Overclocking memory bandwidth for Intel laptop CPU's

Pookano
Beginner

Hello. At first, thanks to CEO of Intel for locking downlvolting all kind of new CPU's.
Further, i want to speak about memory - as u know, in laptop you cant do anything for optimisation of your system.
But I'm not ready to put up with it and lowered the stock timings from 21-21 to 16-18-18-38. The results partially improved, but they turned out to be insignificant - what is the reason for this ???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You do know that undervolting has been blocked due to security concerns,  correct?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Pookano
Beginner

did you read, i unlocked it? The question is about mem.bandwith

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yeah, I read it:  "At first, thanks to CEO of Intel for locking downlvolting all kind of new CPU's."

My comment is for that.  Did you read it?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Pookano
Beginner

Dude, for what you speaking about other things? My theme ABOUT MEMORY. I want to get stable 37/40K, how it was on i3 10100F, for example. With low MBand, there are too much freezes in gaming.
Want you look at the Cyberpunk 2077?

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello Pookano,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We need to inform you that overclocking, in general, is not supported here since running our components to higher values than the ones recommended on our website can end up not only damaging the units themselves but, in the best-case scenario that will lower their life span, besides of course voiding the warranty on them; however, since you are talking about memory bandwidth for Intel laptop CPU's please take into account that we don’t provide support to do that let alone discuss results, tests or expectations when it comes to this kind of procedure.

When we provide components to manufacturers for their laptops they are the ones most in charge of the integration of said components and, since we do not make RAM, they are entirely in charge of choosing, integrating, testing and, sharing any expectations with the public to who their finish product is targeted to.

Our strongest recommendation is that if you want to share your results, get feedback, or even discuss if what you are doing is something that they support you can contact them directly and, let them know what exactly do you need when it comes to this.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos