Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

P2P on Intel X58 IOH

nathow
Beginner

What minimal combination of registers need to be set/unset in order for P2P to be enabled on this chipset?  How can one test that the same is correctly configured on some given host system?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, this is a 13 year-old chipset. It was discontinued 9 years ago and all interactive support for it terminated 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, this question is beyond my ken. Perhaps there's an aged Server BIOS engineer who can help you with this. I suggest that you repost this question in the Servers forum (Intel Community |  Hardware Products |  Server Products). Unfortunately, I can't move this conversation there for you.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @nathow

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand you have opened an internal case (through phone) with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nathow
Beginner

Uh, what?  That channel referred me to this channel.  I still need assistance.  That channel did not resolve the outstanding concern.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, this is a 13 year-old chipset. It was discontinued 9 years ago and all interactive support for it terminated 7 years ago.

Unfortunately, this question is beyond my ken. Perhaps there's an aged Server BIOS engineer who can help you with this. I suggest that you repost this question in the Servers forum (Intel Community |  Hardware Products |  Server Products). Unfortunately, I can't move this conversation there for you.

...S

0 Kudos
nathow
Beginner

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will repost.

0 Kudos