Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

PC freezing after i9 9900k install

Darthbushyhair
Beginner
Just installed a i9-9900k and my pc freezes everytime after turning on. Sometimes it freezes on the windows logo, sometimes it gets to desktop but freezes within 60 seconds, but so far has failed to work.

Specs are Asus rog strix h370-f mb Corsair 750w psu, Gtx 1080 gpu, 32gb ddr4 ram, Bios version 2.19.1269 (2018) And 99.9% sure my windows 10 is 64bit. This is not a new build, but nothing is more than 1.5 years old and my old cpu is a i5 8500.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Darthbushyhair
Beginner
Sounds good. Should i put my i5 8500 back in and use that data? Or is there a way to get that data from bios? Like i said my pc wont last for more than 30 seconds before freezing. Im using my phone for this.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would put the old processor back in, and work with ASUS to get the bios update verified.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos