Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14510 Discussions

PC performance enhancement.

MHasa29
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply.

It would have been really helpful if you please inform me about how I can improve the pc performance?

I thought only the Ram enhancement will help! ​

Specifically when I connect my pc with Internet, it becomes really slow.

MSI G41TM-p31(Dual core 2.7G) Pentium E5400

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

How to improve your pc performance is a discussion you should have on some other forum.

As for your memory, it appears in your other thread that you have only 1GB, so you could definitely benefit from more memory. Upgrade your memory, and then evaluate your pc performance.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello MHasa29,

Thank you for your response.

Due to Intel® Pentium® Processor E5400 being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Upgrading the memory for this 12-year-old motherboard will be an expensive proposition (this older memory doesn't sell much, carries stocking changes and thus costs more) and is, in my opinion, only throwing good money for bad. You really should be thinking seriously about trashing this whole mess and getting something much more modern.

Reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos