Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

PC with a Intel Core i9-9900K LGA1151 300 Series CPU. It will not Go above 804 MHz. I have run the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (it Shows that Thermal Throttling at "YES") I also ran the Run Intel processor diagnostic tool (Shows everything passed)

ROest
Beginner

MEG Z390 GODLIKE (MS-7b10) mother board

G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 64GB DDR4 3200 RAM

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080TI

Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD x 2

BE QUIET be quiet Dark Power Pro 11 1000W 80 Plus Platinum Power supply

Corsair Hydro Series, H150i PRO for cooling

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you sure you aren't seeing power throttling. Reset your BIOS configuration to optimal defaults and then check this again.

...S

0 Kudos
ROest
Beginner

Thank you for your reply..

I have reset the BIOS configuration to optimal defaults. I have attached the report from CPUID HWMonitor

BIOS has been updated as well as the Intel drivers. I have removed the MSI Dragon center.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and upload the report generated.

...S

0 Kudos
ROest
Beginner

The system seems to have unlocked itself.

Yesterday I cleaned and reapplied thermal compound. The amount and spread looked optimal upon inspection.

I did not remove the CPU. I let the system run all day to make sure this was not a temporary thing.

So I'm stumped. I attached the current test file. For some reason my historical test did not show up. (please note that during the MHz slowdown it did show passed). 

Also the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility now shows Thermal Throttling at "NO" condition

So I guess its a 2001 incident, wait for the AE-35 antenna to fail.

Thanks Scott

RIck

0 Kudos