Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

PCH does not work after SLP_A#.

lkk_vmetech
Beginner

Hello. There.

I made my own board with COFFEE LAKE H.

If I had known the support page before, I would have requested circuit kendo or artwork kendo... First I made it based on my own datasheet.

I'll use the FPGA to directly adjust the PCH's power sequence.
While looking at the PDG document, I am writing the power sequence control in Verilog.

I am making a control program referring to the '45.4 Power Sequencing' item in the PDG document.
All of the VCCPRIM power is applied to the PCH, and both SLP_SUS# and SLP_A# come out normally.
However, even after pressing the power button, SLP_S5# is always in assert state.
Of course it doesn't go to S4 and S3.
When I press PWRBTN for about 4 seconds, SLP_A# turns off and on, so PCH seems to work.
However, it does not work after S5#.

Could it have something to do with the BIOS?
Both Figure 45-3 and Figure 45-4 in the '571391_CFL_H_PDG' document appear to access SPI FLASH after S5#.

I understood DSW_PWROK -> RSMRST -> PWRBTN -> S5#, but it stopped from S5#.

The assembled CPU is CL8068404165301S RFEJ and the PCH is FH82CM246 SR40E.

If the process does not work after SLP_A#, please review which part to check from.

THANKS

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lkk_vmetech

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on your post, we noticed that this seems to be related to custom hardware design and integration with Intel® components (Intel® Xeon® E-2254ML Processor, Mobile Intel® CM246 Chipset).

In this case, we would like to recommend addressing this inquiry to our Resource & Design Center where you may find technical documentation, software, tools, and support you need to design and build with Intel® products.

Some of this information it's public and some other information might need special rights, for instance, a Corporate Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA) with Intel.

You need to register first and create an account in order to access the public resources available. Please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/design-center-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

Additionally, if you have specific questions either about Intel® FPGA or Intel® Intel® Xeon® E-2254ML Processor (an Embedded processor) we recommend you to create a new post under the proper forum so it can get answered more quickly.

1- Go to https://community.intel.com/

2- Under "Browse Community Forums" click on the disclosure widget (the rotating black triangle) to expand one of the sections related to your question/product (e.g. "Hardware Products" or "FPGAs and Programmable Solutions"). You should see a list of topics, and you can also expand the topics to display additional "sub-topics".

3- You can choose one of the topics that best relate to your questions and products. For instance:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lkk_vmetech

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Based on your post, we noticed that this seems to be related to custom hardware design and integration with Intel® components (Intel® Xeon® E-2254ML Processor, Mobile Intel® CM246 Chipset).

In this case, we would like to recommend addressing this inquiry to our Resource & Design Center where you may find technical documentation, software, tools, and support you need to design and build with Intel® products.

Some of this information it's public and some other information might need special rights, for instance, a Corporate Non-Disclosure Agreement (CNDA) with Intel.

You need to register first and create an account in order to access the public resources available. Please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/design-center-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

Additionally, if you have specific questions either about Intel® FPGA or Intel® Intel® Xeon® E-2254ML Processor (an Embedded processor) we recommend you to create a new post under the proper forum so it can get answered more quickly.

1- Go to https://community.intel.com/

2- Under "Browse Community Forums" click on the disclosure widget (the rotating black triangle) to expand one of the sections related to your question/product (e.g. "Hardware Products" or "FPGAs and Programmable Solutions"). You should see a list of topics, and you can also expand the topics to display additional "sub-topics".

3- You can choose one of the topics that best relate to your questions and products. For instance:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
lkk_vmetech
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.
I think I found the wrong board.

We have already signed CNDA.

I will ask this issue again on the embedded bulletin board.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lkk_vmetech

Thank you for your response.

Since this thread has been marked as "Solved" we wil proceed to close it now. It has been a pleasure to assist you and to guide you to the proper channel of support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos