Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

PCI register for 3rd gen xeon scalable processor

skylark082
Beginner

Hello,

I'm working with the server Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6338 CPU(3rd Gen xeon scalable processor), but as there is no datasheet for this version(2nd gen data sheet is latest version) I can't find PCI register map. Anybody knows the bus/devices/function id for 'thrt_pwr_dimm'(Memory BW throttling) IMC register or where the datasheet is? It was usually allocated at 0x190, 0x194 but I can'f find it anywhere.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paul_R_Intel

Hello skylark082,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. We will try to reach you as a very last time on next June 21st . After that the thread will automatically be archived.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello skylark082,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To continue with your request, can you please provide the following:

1-Are you requesting this information on behalf of a company? If yes, please provide as many details as possible about the company that you work for.

2-Can you please let us know why you need this information? Is it for some sort of a project or for something else? Please provide as many details as possible.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
skylark082
Beginner

Hello,

I'm not in company but just graduate student and I'm researching the project with memory bandwidth throttling. 

And I found that with thermal register ("thrt_pwr_dimm" - conventionally 0x190/0x194 in some slot of PCI register) I can limit the memory bandwidth but I can't found 3rd xeon scalable processor manual. So I will really appreciate if you can provide the manual(maybe pre-released version) or just the register information about this. Picture below is the table of register what I need in 2nd gen scalable processor manual.

Thanks

skylark082_0-1654757859640.png

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello skylark082,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, this information is not available publicly. We can only share information that is publicly available on our public Intel website. In this case, we believe that the best you can do is to stick within the community to see if any of our peers can provide you with the information/help that you need, you are also welcome to visit other threads that might be similar to the one you created in order to move on with your project.

Additionally, please remember as well that you can find more documentation and resources in our resource and documentation center; however, please bear in mind that these documents will most likely require you to register since some of them are considered confidential.

For more information on how to apply for an account feel free to check the link below.

How to Apply for an Intel® Resource & Documentation Center (RDC) and/or Intel® Developer Zone (DevZone) Account

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058073/programs/resource-and-documentation-center.html 

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello skylark082,

I hope you are doing great, we would like to check if there is anything else that we can do for you, or if we can mark the thread as closed.

Best regards,

Paul R.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello skylark082,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. We will try to reach you as a very last time on next June 21st . After that the thread will automatically be archived.

Regards

Jose A.

For firmware updates and troubleshooting tips, visit:

https://intel.com/support/serverbios

0 Kudos
skylark082
Beginner

You can close this issue. thanks.

0 Kudos
Paul_R_Intel

Hello skylark082,

I hope you are doing great, as per your request we will mark the thread as closed. Thank you for choosing Intel.

Paul R.

0 Kudos