Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

PENTIUN G4560

Cueffarini
Beginner
I bought a Pentiun G4560 and I would like to know if I can put DDR3 memories on it, on the intel website and in the box it only says DDR4 / DDR3L, at the moment I can't buy either memory or motherboard that supports ddr4, so I can use DDR3 or go give any problem?

Portuguese:

Adquiri um Pentiun G4560 e gostaria de saber se posso colocar memorias DDR3 nele, no site da intel e na caixa só diz DDR4/DDR3L, no momento não posso comprar nem memoria e nem placa mãe que suporte ddr4, então eu posso usar DDR3 ou vai dar algum problema? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

The specs are what they are:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97143/intel-pentium-processor-g4560-3m-cache-3-50-ghz.html

What do the motherboard memory specs allow?  That is what you should be looking at.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Al is correct. The processor can support both types of memory -- but the design of the motherboard determines which kind of memory will be supported. DDR3L and DDR4 memory have different sockets (different number of pins and different position for keying notch) and only memory of the correct type can be installed and used.
...S
0 Kudos