Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

PNP Detected Fatal Error

nauthement
Beginner

Hello,

New to the forum so please tell me if this post is in the wrong place.

I work in the IT department of my company and starting yesterday (10/22/20), we're had three users to date get BSODs with the error code PNP Detected Fatal Error. I've been able to get each one back up by System Restoring to a point before their latest Windows Update, and this seems to have stabilized the machines for now. 

While troubleshooting I noticed applying a particular Intel update would cause it to BSOD again and we'd have to System Restore again. I've screenshot the update and attached to this post. Has anyone else come across this issue?

I've disabled Windows Updates for the time being; nervous about re-enabling updates or manually downloading the Intel - System - 8.3.10209.6897 update off Microsoft's Catalog. Any suggestions or similar problems from anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

If those optional driver updates from Microsoft cause a problem, then do not install them.

and, yes, you are in the wrong place.  You should report this to Microsoft.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

If those optional driver updates from Microsoft cause a problem, then do not install them.

and, yes, you are in the wrong place.  You should report this to Microsoft.

0 Kudos
JamieRI
Novice

Do you realize how crappy "don't install them" answer is?  I can't even boot up, same as the OP. 

https://www.techrepublic.com/forums/discussions/pnp-detected-fatal-error-windows-update-intel-system-8-3-10209-6897/ is working well and is much more specific, including a way to disable the driver and allow booting up!

AlHill
Super User

You do realize you are in the wrong place, right? 

0 Kudos