Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Performance Counters in Other devices on newly installed corei9-10980xe

SNena1
Novice

Hi, in my device manager I see following :

What drivers do I need to install to get windows to recognize this hardware ?

Note that I have installed latest 'chipset inf utility' ver 10.1.18383.8213

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SNena1
Novice

Not sure why image was not attached when it was displayed when I was posting original message.

perfcounters.jpg

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Install the same INF package again, but this time do it this way:

1. Extract ZIP file to a temporary folder.
  2. Open Command Prompt or PowerShell window.
  3. Make this temporary folder the current folder.
  4. Execute command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall".
  5. Reboot.
  6. Delete temporary folder.
  7. Check Device Manager.

Hope this helps,

...S

SNena1
Novice

Thanks for the tip, but after following these steps problem is still there.

Regards,

Sergey.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Grabbing at straws here...

Have you tried right-clicking on the entries and selecting Update driver?

Have you tried right-clicking on the top entry in the tree (where the name of your PC appears) and selecting Scan for hardware changes?

Have you tried any of the parallel INF Update packages (like: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29285/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-NUC9VXQNX-NUC9V7QNX-NUC9i9QNX-NUC9i7QNX-NUC9i5QNX)?

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
SNena1
Novice

What worked was to take older version chipset-10.1.18228.8176, unpack it, and then I updated drivers from this folder. I guess it is a packaging bug since when you go to download page for version 10.1.18228.8176 at the top of that page it offers to not use this version, rather a newer one 10.1.18383.8213

RussetBurbanks
Beginner

I know this thread is old, but I would like to contribute what worked for me. First, I checked the driver version of the chipset I had. It was the newest version and bounced it off of what ASUS had for its latest driver for my motherboard. The drivers were different so, I turned Windows 10 auto driver installer off. Next, I downloaded the specific driver required for my board from the ASUS support website. I installed that chipset driver, and it asked if I was sure I wanted to roll back the driver. I clicked yes. Problem solved. Hopefully, this helps someone out there with this irritating problem. 

0 Kudos