Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Performance issue I5 7500

Santivss98
Beginner
Good morning, first of all I apologize for the translation I am using google translator, I have a problem with my Intel Core i5 7500 processor and it is that it does not support almost any game, Fortnite, Pubg etc, the processor is put to% 100 of use and the whole system gets very slow it is impossible to play I have tried everything absolutely everything I know and what I found on the internet and I have not been able to solve it ...
My PC Specifications
Intel I5 7500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB Ram 2400mz
Ssd 120gb
Hdd 1tb
Mother Msi gaming pro carbon z270
Please I need help with this, because it cannot be that this processor does not support fortnite with the characteristics of my pc

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The typical cause of this issue is throttling as a result of an improperly working or configured cooling solution. To ascertain of this is the case, run a tool like CoreTemp, AIDA64, HWiNFO64, etc. and watch the temperatures as you start the game.

...S

0 Kudos
Santivss98
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. This capture shows the maximum temperature that the processor reaches, I have a friend who has a seventh generation i3 and the game only consumes 50 to 70% of CPU, I do not understand why mine does not support these games, it should perform more than the i3 ... Thank you
0 Kudos
f1nalpr1m3
Beginner

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

How are the temperatures and how much load does the CPU experience when idle?

0 Kudos
Santivss98
Beginner

thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
f1nalpr1m3
Beginner

I need to see what the sensors say. Post a screenshot of that please, and we'll se what we can do to help.

Thermal paste really doesn't make that much of a difference no matter how much is applied (just, do what it says in the manual though, yoo much is still too much). However, those temperatures are out of the court when it comes to gaming, especially something like Fortnite. 

0 Kudos
Santivss98
Beginner

Disculpe mi ignorancia, ¿es eso lo que necesita ver?

0 Kudos
f1nalpr1m3
Beginner

I'm not sure what the problem may be, but I'd suggest updating every driver or a re-install of Windows 10 over your current installation (where you keep all of your setting, documents and so on).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2mhujwadvk

This show about ~70% CPU usage with but one setting on EPIC and you should have no problems whatsoever either.

0 Kudos