Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Poor Benchmarks and Failed CPU Frequency in Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

mhua948
Beginner

Hello,

I have recently completed a build with the Core i5-12600 processor. After performing poorly in all benchmarks (CPUZ, CINEBENCH, USERBENCHMARK), I ran the diagnostic tool from intel. Which failed in CPU Frequency and BrandString.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached below is a report from Intel System Support Utility if needed.

Thank you for reading.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are not the only person to report these issues.

The current version of the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool was released in January of 2021 and does not support for the 12th gen processors. Indeed, the Release Notes for the latest release states "12th Gen Processors are not yet supported by 4.1.5.37 version of IPDT".

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You are not the only person to report these issues.

The current version of the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool was released in January of 2021 and does not support for the 12th gen processors. Indeed, the Release Notes for the latest release states "12th Gen Processors are not yet supported by 4.1.5.37 version of IPDT".

...S

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello mhua948,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. 

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos