Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

Poseo TUF FX504 y deseo instalarle una memoria optane de 32gb con ssd de 1tb (Memoria Optane H10) y mi pregunta es si funcionará, si son compatibles o qué me conviene hacer con el equipo para aprovechar esta nueva tecnología?

AGonz49
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

You need to update your windows 10 to version 1809. Go here to do so: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You should make sure you have a backup of at least your data before doing so.

Regarding your bios, no, I cannot help you. This is why you need to check with your manufacturer regarding THEIR BIOS. Caution: Changing bios settings can result in you not being able to boot your device.

So, upgrade windows first, then contact your manufacturer to see if you have support for optane in the bios and, if so, how to change your bios settings.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Does your TUF FX504 support optane memory?

Does your TUF FX504 bios have the required settings to support optane?

Does your processor support Optane?

What is your processor model number?

What operating system and version are you running?

Doc

0 Kudos
AGonz49
Beginner

I guess yes because it have ​a m.2 slot

BIOS version: 312​

GOP Version: 9.0.1075

EC version: R1.14​

CPU:​ i7 8750h

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Do not assume, because you have a m.2 slot, that optane is supported.

Your bios has to specifically support optane. You need to check your bios SATA mode and see what options you have. Provide this information.

You did not provide the OS and version. Go to start, settings, system, about, and look at the bottom of the page. Provide this information.

You really should check with the manufacturer to see if their bios supports optane.

Doc

0 Kudos
AGonz49
Beginner

SO Windows 10 Home Single 64 bits

SO version: 17134.706​

I dont know how to check​ BIOS sata mode. Could you guide me?

0 Kudos
AGonz49
Beginner

I ran this on cmd "systeminfo | findstr /I /c:bios" and found this: "BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. FX504GD.312, 13/07/2018"

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to update your windows 10 to version 1809. Go here to do so: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You should make sure you have a backup of at least your data before doing so.

Regarding your bios, no, I cannot help you. This is why you need to check with your manufacturer regarding THEIR BIOS. Caution: Changing bios settings can result in you not being able to boot your device.

So, upgrade windows first, then contact your manufacturer to see if you have support for optane in the bios and, if so, how to change your bios settings.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Note: Even though it says American MegaTrends, the bios belongs to your device manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos