Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Preinstall driver for Intel Pentium Gold 7505

Carmine1122
Beginner

Hello Guys,

I made a backup and restore on my new computer. After this completed, there came errors while booting (0xc000000f). I wnated to reinstall in windows and saw, the ssd is missing. can´t access it in command prompt via troubleshooting. I can see the SSD in BIOS. 

that´s the reason why I think, it is a driver problem. But I don´t find the preinstall driver (to inject while reinstall windows) for SATA/AHCI  for my processor. Maybe one of you can help me. 

Kind Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If this is a SATA SSD and the BIOS is configured for AHCI, then no driver is necessary; Microsoft's Windows 10 inbox drivers will handle this just fine. Similarly, a NVMe SSD mounted on the motherboard does not need any driver installed either; Microsoft's Windows 10 inbox driver will also handle this just fine.

...S

0 Kudos
Carmine1122
Beginner

Do you maybe have an explanation, why I still can´t see the SSD within the installation of win10?

my intention was to restore the data of an old pc to a newer one.

the old one was a lenovo b50 with win8.1 running. the new one is a IdeaPad 3-17ITL6.

I couldn´t just copy the files, because the owner got some log ins, with passwords now unaccessible, which are logged in.

After the restore I wanted to upgrade 8.1 to 10 pro.

For backup and restore I used Acronis True Image 2021.

Like I said above, I can see the SSD in the BIOS and in Acronis Drive Cleanser, but isn´t accessable in the windows installation in any form.

I don´t know what to do anymore. I tried so much and spent so much time with this sh*t. It´s the first time I experience something like this.

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Carmine1122,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Have you tested the SSD in another system?
  2. Have you tried to connect the SSD in a different port?
  3. Have you checked the issue with Microsoft*? 
  4. Model of the SSD.

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Carmine1122,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Carmine1122,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. Please take into consideration that there is always a risk of the OS getting some corrupt data and creating issues with different options and configurations. In this case, our recommendation is to check with Microsoft* for support on Windows* installation and possible corruption during it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos