Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14504 Discussions

Problem installing intel turbo boost monitor.

idata
Employee

I just installed a Intel i5 540m processor from i3 330m processor and everything worked fine, but when i tried to install gadget in windows 7 (Ultimate). I get an message that says"The installition can not continue because this computer does not have turbo boost technology capibilty" e.t.c.

Could anybody give me a hand?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Please run the Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility to determine if the system is detecting the feature as enabled.

You can download the Intel(R) Processor Identification Utility at:

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/tools/piu/

If this feature apears as disabled, you will need to go into the BIOS of the motherboard and enable that feature.

If it apears as enabled, then I would recommend installing the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, and if that does not solve the issue you might want to try a clean installation of the operating system.

idata
Employee

This give me a better insight on the problem, but i fixed the problem by loading default settings in the BIOS screen. Thank you for your for time and expertice.

Dz1940

idata
Employee

I had the same problem like you. I tried so many things but nothing helped. Now I've read this and i couldn't believe it but i set my Bios settings to default too and now Turbo Boost works

0 Kudos