Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Problem when upgrading to Windows 10 64 bit

Daniel-ID
Novice

Hey everyone! I was trying to upgrade my windows version. Before, i use windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. And when i was trying to upgrade my device to windows 10 64 bit, it shows error code 0xc000035a . I was searching for the problem and asks to forums, and they said the cause was my windows 7 ultimate 32 bit version. My question is :

"Can i install windows 10 64 bit right now? If i can, how i do that? Or is there no chance to upgrade the windows to windows 10 64 bit?" 

Thanks for noticing me, and sorry if there is some wrong grammar, i was newbie in english.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, you could replace the boot drive with a new one and install Windows 10 64-bit there. You could also fool around with dual-boot scenarios but I don't recommend that. As I said, I also do not recommend installing Windows 10 32-bit at all. I have seen it used on a couple of Compute Stick and tablet products; but that's the extent of it.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You cannot upgrade from 32-bit Windows 7 to 64-bit Windows 10.

You can upgrade from 32-bit Windows 7 to 32-bit Windows 10 - but I don't recommend this. Support for 32-bit Windows 10 has mostly been dropped. In fact, most of Intel's driver packages only come in 64-bit versions now.

You can install Windows 10 64-bit from scratch (wiping out your HDD contents). I recommend this because it also gives you the opportunity to switch to UEFI Boot. Yes, it does mean reinstalling your software and games, but this is recommended anyway.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Daniel-ID
Novice

So, if i buy new SSD (Or any hard drive) i can install windows 10 64 bit there?
Oh, and 1 more. I've tried to download the 32 bit iso and change the bootable usb format to MBR and it actually didn't work. For now, i was trying to hold myself in windows 7

0 Kudos
Daniel-ID
Novice

Anyway, thanks for the answer! Appreciate it!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, you could replace the boot drive with a new one and install Windows 10 64-bit there. You could also fool around with dual-boot scenarios but I don't recommend that. As I said, I also do not recommend installing Windows 10 32-bit at all. I have seen it used on a couple of Compute Stick and tablet products; but that's the extent of it.

...S

0 Kudos