Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14536 Discussions

Problem with midi controller and intel i7 11th gen

basbo
Novice

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the new intel i7 11th gen chip and MIDI controllers.
I tried to solve the problem on my own but it seems Intel has to help to update the audio drivers on this 11th gen for midi controllers.

MSI Prestige 15
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
16,0 Go RAM

Thanks

24 Replies
donnha
Beginner

This may not come as much comfort to those who have had this issue and given up but Windows 11 seems to fix the issue and that's only a handful of days away from release. I decided today to download the dev channel preview ISO and do a clean install on my 11th gen system. I installed reaper, hooked up a keyboard, worked. I hooked up another keyboard, worked. I hooked up my electronic drums, worked. Before the most I could get working was one device. This may be a case where efforts were focused on the next generation operating system and they simply decided that people using windows 10 with issues were acceptable casualties. In any case, I'm looking forward to doing a clean install on October 5th and making music again!

0 Kudos
WBPB
Novice
I have an HP ENVY laptop with an 11th generation i7 processor and am having serious audio issues when i use any dj mixer with a built in sound card (rane seventy, numark scratch, Akai AMX) the issues display themselves with audible pops & cracks and sometimes distortion if i play the audio file through the sound card (no matter what audio software i use(ive tried serato, tidal, vlc etc) and if i use my DVS(digital vinyl system) the problem gets even worse and can be visually seen by the dvs scope distorting and the quality percentage jumping all over the place between 100% - 70% which results in audio wobble, tempo changes and sometimes the scope completely goes crazy and i just get distorted noise coming though my speakers!
I've tried getting the issue resolved by communications with Rane DJ, HP , serato, John lewis(who i purchased it from) and intel. I've followed all of their suggestions but each company just blames another company and won't accept responsibility! From what i can tell from these posts and from other website forums the issue is most likely with the 11th generation processor. ....
If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know as i have now ran out of options?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
I have seen a number of reports now where the Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade process screws up the drivers for the audio ASIC. I can only suggest doing a clean instsll of the latest audio drivers. That is, with Internet access disabled, uninstall the audio drivers, reboot, and then install the latest drivers.
Hope this helps,
...S
0 Kudos
WBPB
Novice

Thanks so much for your suggestion, however im afraid that didn't work either.

Any other suggestions are welcome....

0 Kudos