Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Problem with my laptop

VishwaGamer
Beginner

Hello Guys,

I am having a processor problem for about 6 months now and I was not able to fix it. The problem is it that my processor is stuck at 0.38GHz and does not go below or higher than that. I Have seen a lot of people have that problem but there is no reason why this happens or how to fix it. I get 5 fps in Minecraft at lowest settings possible so I would like you to tell me how to fix this problem.

Here is my configuration :

i7-7500U

8GB RAM

intel integrated graphics

64-bit windows

I also have tried to switch the power from battery to charger and then charger to battery by disconnection the battery while charger is plugged in I have even done some tests with intel processor identification utility and it says CPU speed 0.40GHz.

I hope you guys have a solution to this problem.

Yours sincerely,

Vishwankit Pandhare

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello VishwaGamer, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.

2. Did the system work before? If yes, do you remember making any changes before the issue started? 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
VishwaGamer
Beginner
thanks for the response Sebastion M,
I dont recall ant changes but when this problem began at that time on my screen purple lines started flickering.
0 Kudos
VishwaGamer
Beginner

i did what you told and here it is

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello VishwaGamer,  

Thank you for your reply. 

We would like to get the complete Intel® SSU to verify more information, please follow these instructions to the letter. 

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer 
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save

Remember you can provide us the report(s) replying to the e-mail we sent in order to avoid exposing sensitive information in the communities. 

Additionally, you may try the following: 

1. Based on the system model in your screenshots, you should be using this system: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/flex-series/flex-5-1570/downloads/driver-list  

• Try to update to the latest BIOS available, check with Lenovo* for help. 
  • Install the latest updates under the Chipset part. 

As mentioned, we found this information based on the limited details in the screenshots. However, we highly recommend checking and making sure this refers to your PC model and checking with Lenovo️* if this is the recommended BIOS version for your system before attempting any BIOS update 

2. Some community members have reported the following fixed their issue: 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/i5-7200U-stuck-at-0-38Ghz-Miix-720-12IKB/td-p/522115  

1. Go to Manage > Device Manager 
  2. Uninstall all driver and software of Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework 
  3. Turn off Windows Automatic Updates from Services.msc and Turn off Configure automatic updates from gpedit.msc 
  4. Turn off Intel Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework from services.msc 
  5. Set power plan to Maximum Performance 

You may try that just for testing purposes. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello VishwaGamer,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello VishwaGamer,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
VishwaGamer
Beginner

Sorry Sebastian as my exams have started i was not able to focus on this so i am really sorry that i did not reply to you and i will try to reply to you as soon as my exams get over that is on 16 march

thank you and sorry

0 Kudos