Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Problemas com o Intel XTU

JOliv81
Beginner

Estava vendo uns tutoriais na internet sobre undervolt e thermal throttle,

já que meu processador está numa temperatura muito alta e ativando o throttle, e decidi realizar o procedimento de undervolt na minha máquina, porém, durante a instalação apareceu um aviso, perguntando se eu queria instalar mesmo esse aplicativo, pois ele não tinha uma assinatura digital ou coisa do tipo, cliquei na opção para continuar a instalação, e ela finalizou.

Quando iniciei o programa eu percebi que não havia a guia "All Controls", que é de extrema importância para realizar esse processo de undervolt.

Pesquisei muito para achar alguma solução, mas infelizmente não consegui.

Obrigado desde já.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and then upload and attach (using the paperclip icon below) the resulting log file.

...S

0 Kudos
JOliv81
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have a 2nd gen i5-2410M. XTU does not support your "M" processor. Only X and K processors are supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
JOliv81
Beginner

Does that mean I can't solve my problem?

Is there no other way for me to end thermal throttling?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like you have a heat issue. Install a proper cooling system, or clean the existing one, and then provide adequate ventilation. Also, update your bios to the latest available.

Also, Windiows 7 is not supported, nor is your processor from 2011.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Let me explain this better...

The Thermal Interface Material (TIM) (a.k.a. heatsink paste) that is used to conduct heat away from the processor will dry out over time. When the TIM dries out, its ability to conduct heat is greatly diminished.. In the case of a 8-9 year-old laptop, this is almost guaranteed to have occurred.

The thing that you need to do is take the laptop apart and replace this dried-up TIM with new TIM. There are lots of videos on YouTube showing you how to do this. If, after looking at these videos, you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, most computer repair shops will do this for a nominal charge.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos