Beginner

Hi!

I have a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 with:

Intel® Core Processor ™ i5-9300H Quad-core 2.40 GHz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 with 4 GB dedicated memory

39.6 cm (15.6 ") Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16: 9 IPS

8 GB, DDR4 SDRAM

256 GB SSD.

I have a problem - the processor is heating up too much. I have a laptop for 7 months. I was held on its back cover with a mini vacuum cleaner to clean it of dust (did so with an old laptop, it helps keep laptop clean). Therefore, it is in almost perfect condition. But I know that the normal processor temperature: 30-60 degrees Celsius (I do not know exactly this model, the site does not specify). And on various sites they write that during normal operation the temperature should not be higher than 60 degrees. Right now I have a cooler running at 5000 rpm (6000 is the maximum allowable) and the processor heats up to 53 degrees (although I turned off the high speed mode and switched to balance mode). When I launched The Division 2 yesterday, an hour later the processor warmed up to 89 degrees (I think it did not heat up to a hundred due to throttling). Still, it seems to me that this is not OK. I don't know how long the processor stay alive at this temperature. I know I'm not alone with this problem. So I have questions.

1. Is the norm for this model of processor heating up to 80 degrees during games, and after a long game time reaching 90? 50 degrees with normal use of Google Chrone (6 tabs)?

2. Will turning off Turbo Boost help with problem (if it is), and how to turn off Turbo Boost without going into the BIOS?

If you have any suggestions or guesses about it - write here!

(sorry for my english)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If your processor's maximum junction temperature (Tjmax) is, say, 100c, then seeing temperatures in the 80-90c range is going to be normal and not too alarming. If you are seeing spikes that regularly take you right up to the vicinity of Tjmax, then you need to be a little more worried.

...S

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Questions related to the cooling solution should be directed to the manufacturer who designed it (in this case Acer). I have to say, though, that I am not seeing any mention of temperatures that I would consider abnormal or unexpected.

...S

VGali
Beginner

A lot of thanks for the answer. So I have no reason to worry? Is this temperature completely normal? (it is important for me to know 100%)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If your processor's maximum junction temperature (Tjmax) is, say, 100c, then seeing temperatures in the 80-90c range is going to be normal and not too alarming. If you are seeing spikes that regularly take you right up to the vicinity of Tjmax, then you need to be a little more worried.

...S

VGali
Beginner

Thank you very much! Fortunately, there are no such spikes, the temperature is just consistently high. Thank you for your answer!

Good luck from Ukraine!

0 Kudos