cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Problems with Current/EDP Limit Throttling

Hello,

I'm the owner of Clevo PB71RD-G (i7-9750H). I have a problem with (almost) permanent Current/EDP Limit Throttling. Almost, because XTU is showing that it's not happening only when I'm on battery and clocks goes down below 1 GHz, but only for a moment. I already increased some power limits to avoid Power Limit Throttling, but I have no idea what to do with this one. I attached screenshots to give you and overview of my current settings.

I've found this 'guide' https://www.intel.pl/content/www/pl/pl/support/articles/000039154/processors/intel-core-processors.h..., but from UEFI settings I cannot change anything in regards to power 'stuff'.

I would appreciate if you could help me somehow with it.

Cheers!

Konrad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Uninstall XTU before you cause real problems. Your H processor is not supported. Only X and K processors are supported by XTU

Once uninstalled, reset your bios defauts.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

There is little that you can do about power throttling. Your laptop manufacturer has imposed the criteria for throttling invocation. Only very rarely does a manufacturer provide support for you changing this configuration (which can only be done within BIOS Setup; once the O/S boots, the ACPI tables are fixed). The slimier laptop manufacturers use this as a way to enable cheaper cooling solutions and/or to make battery life look better. If you are going to complain to someone, you should start and end with your laptop manufacturer.

...S

0 Kudos