Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

Problems with Intel Core I7-4790K processor

AYahy
Beginner

Hello everybody.

It all began a week ago. I've been gaming on my gamer pc and suddenly i got random freezes and blue screens and besides that i also got a black screen from ''American Megatrends'' telling me i have problems with the power supply (PSU). I decided to use my warranty for my PSU, so i got a new PSU from EVGA and thought that this will solve all my problems.

Unfortunately not...

The random freezes and blue screens went on when i tried to game, the only thing that was solved was i didnt get any messages from American Megatrends telling me about unstable power supply.

So what to do? I ran a stress test on my GPU and CPU - seperately - and i found out that when i tried to stress test the CPU, my computer just restarted and then showed me blue screens again.

can I be sure it's the CPU that is causing the problems here?

Here is the information I have for the computer if it helps, problem will be futher explained after the list.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Operating System

Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 28 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VII RANGER (SOCKET 1150) 26 °C

Graphics

G2460 (1920x1080@144Hz)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA) 37 °C

Storage

223GB KINGSTON SV300S37A240G (SSD) 24 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

PSU

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W,

______________________________________________________________________________________

I tested everything (memorytest, fantest, GPU-test) but it didnt trigger the problem.

After testing a program that tested the CPU I got an instant response by a computerfreeze and a BSOD

I have tested the following and gave errors:

https://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/ HeavyLoad - Free Stress Test Tool for Your PC (Heavyload)

I tried to use IntelProcessor Diagnostic tool, but my computer wont run it. i get an error everytime.

----------------------------------------------

Hopefully somebody can help me with this and if necessary I will give information where needed futher.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to be asking Asus this, not us.

...S

0 Kudos