Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Processador está esquentando demais / Processor is getting too hot

LConc
Beginner

Bom dia gente, tudo bem? Venho tendo problemas com o meu processador ele é um i5 9400f(novo comprei a menos de um mes), e ele está a uns 50 graus em media na area de trabalho, e jogando a mais de 80 graus, e está superaquecendo, já fiz inúmeros testes dentre eles:

- Trocar pasta termica

- Trocar o cooler

- Refrigerar mais o computador

- Formatar o computador

- Resetar a bios

Eu percebi que se eu alterasse a tensão que ele podia receber de 100% para 99% no painel de controle > opções de energia e la eu alterava de 100% para 99%, e a temperatura descia drasticamente, e fica entre 30°C e 40°C graus na area de trabalho, e jogando a uns 60°C a no máximo 70°C, alguém poderia me ajudar nisto? 

English version:

Good morning folks, all right? I've been having problems with my processor it's an i5 9400f (new bought less than a mes), and it's about 50 degrees in media in the work area, and playing at over 80 degrees, and it's overheating, I've done countless tests between them :

- Swap thermal folder

- Change the cooler

- Cool your computer more

- Format computer

- Reset the bios

I realized that if I changed the voltage it could receive from 100% to 99% on the control panel > power options and la I changed from 100% to 99%, and the temperature dropped dramatically, and is between 30°C and 40°C degrees in the work area , and playing at about 60°C at a maximum of 70°C, could someone help me with this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Being at maximum temperature while running a heavy workload is not necessarily cause for concern. Many Intel® processors make use of Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which allows them to operate at very high frequency for a short amount of time. It is worth mentioning that the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die for this processor is 100°C.

Note: Check the product specification information page > Package specifications for more information.

Now, could you please confirm if you are changing voltage parameters in BIOS or Windows* Control Panel?

To gather more information, please run the following tools and attach the reports to this thread. If possible, please run these reports while default settings are loaded in the system.

1. Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. It verifies the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. 

Download Link

2. Generate a system report with the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach it to this thread.

• Intel® SSU Download link
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".

Note: Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded on this Intel® Community.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
LConc
Beginner

Hi, @WannerG_Intel​ I tested now and I'll be send the test here, follow the file below.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

Thank you for attaching the Intel® SSU report.

Were you able to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Are you able to attach the test report?

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
LConc
Beginner

follow the file below @WannerG_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the report attached, the processor is working under the design specifications. It is worth mentioning that Intel does not consider the temperatures your processor is experiencing overheating.

In this scenario, we recommend that you use the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) to continue monitoring the temperature of your system in case you are using other tools.

You may also try these steps:

1. If you are using a non-Intel cooling solution, make sure that it's validated to work based on the processor’s thermal specification.

2. Try to load the default BIOS setting in your system. Or, try to update the BIOS.

Note: Even though there are newer BIOS versions available for your system, we recommend that you contact your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to obtain more information before performing BIOS updates. BIOS updates might improve the overall performance of your computer.

If your computer experiences any of the following symptoms, please do not hesitate to contact Intel Customer Support in your region for further assistance.

1. System boots up but shuts down automatically after a short period of time.
  2. Reported CPU operating frequency is less than expected. 
  3. Evidence of CPU throttling. 
  4. General slowness of system.
  5. CPU/system fan noise is excessive.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

Were you able to review the recommendations provided? 

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LConc,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos