Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Processor State

JGamb1
Beginner

I cant change my Maximum processor state down to 98% to disable turbo boost because it affects the performance in game giving me fps drops which is not good

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, desired215. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team. I will do my best to assist you further.

I would like to know what is the error that you are having that is not letting you change the Maximum processor state to 98%? On the screenshot attached, I can see that this option can be modified. Furthermore, you should be able to disable the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology from the BIOS.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JGamb1
Beginner

I tried entering in the BIOS but there is no option in turning off the turbo boost. Sadly, it just stays at 100% when i try to type in 98% and click apply it reverts back to 100%.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply, desired215.

In this case, if your BIOS does not show an option to disable either the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology or Intel® Speed Step, I recommend you to get in touch with the manufacturer of your system so they can help you further to disable this feature.

Antony S.
0 Kudos