Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

Processor core driver update

moemoussa
Beginner

good day,

my problem started when i went to my drivers manager and i had one of devices labeled as "base device" so clearly my PC couldnt identify what it is , so i went to the properties of the device and it gave me this information :

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1911&SUBSYS_7C751462&REV_00\3&11583659&0&40

i searched the VEN and DEV numbers and the search gave me the name of this device :

Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th/8th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model

i searched an update for this driver but the only one i found on this forum is from 2020 and i installed it and it worked but i feel something weird in my PC it glitched from time to time .

can i please have the new driver update , and did i do anything wrong ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

From what I understand,  the laptop/motherboard manufacturers  provide the drivers since they customizations based on their BIOS and device.  Contact your laptop or motherboard manufacturer.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
moemoussa
Beginner

this is correct if the driver was a motherboard driver , but the driver im looking for is a processor core driver, for example i should go to my gpu manufacturer's website to  download my gpu driver .

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Nope, you still get it from the board manufacturer. And, what's missing here is that, AFAIK, the configuration for these processor 'devices' is also provided in the Chipset Device Software package. Use the one that is provided by the manufacturer. If it doesn't seem to work, try manually running the package executable with command line ".\Setup_Chipset.exe /overall".

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos