Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14505 Discussions

Processor default settings dont work with intel XTU

IRasm
Beginner

When using intel Extreme tuning utility my defaulty Turbo Boost Power max is 65,000w, I can put it at 65 if I want but then Turbo Boost Short Power Max goes up aswell but its default is 15,625 so I can't have them both at their default settings, I gotta have turbo boost power max lower or the same as turbo boost short power max. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Serocrux

Thank you for contact the Intel Technical Support.

In regards to your question about the Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) and the Turbo Boost Short Power Max, I would like to know more information about your system.

Could you download and run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows and share the logs. (attach a file).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Serocrux

I would like to know if you need further assistance?

Were you able to run the Intel® System Support Utility?

Regards,

Ricardo
0 Kudos
IRasm
Beginner

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AufkiF9G_tumpArQlL87m91qLJ8K Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office OnlineI

It didin't let me attach a file but theres the OneDrive link to the file & a picture of it, hope it works

also the pc still isnt running correct.

be

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Serocrux,

Thanks for upload the information.

The Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) tool gets the values directly from the BIOS, try to reset the BIOS to defaults or to try a BIOS update might help in order to fix this problem. Intel® XTU reads the information from the BIOS, and about the turbo boost, this is handled by the Operating System.

Verifying the report, you are using a locked processor, remember that the Intel® XTU tool was designed to do overclocking and in order to do that all the components of the system need to be unlocked, meaning processor, motherboard, memory RAM, chipset, and BIOS. So, if one of those elements is unlocked you will be able to change the values and apply the changes, however; once you restart the pc the values will start again with the original values.

So, basically the Intel® XTU reflects the values of the BIOS if the BIOS allows it to do that, in that case, the manufacturer of the BIOS which is the same as the board has the option to enable or disable some features on the BIOS that will cause some of the options on the XTU tool not to work as expected.

Any other inquiry about this matter or if you need further assistance, please let me know.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Serocrux,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Ricardo.

0 Kudos