Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Processor i5 4670 3.40ghz works at% 79

AMarz
Beginner

Hello, I'm new here, after doing a test with several programs I discovered that my processor works at 79% of its maximum capacity and processes at a speed of 2.69ghz, does anyone know anything about it? this is normal? Is it some protection? From already thank you very much!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Toro8899,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you would like to get more information about processor performance. I would like to assist you.

Processor performance depends on hardware, firmware (BIOS), software (operating system and applications) and even temperature. For these reasons, if you have a new system, you can verify if it is up to date. If it is not, then you can also verify that the different components on your computer are still reliable.

Now, we would like to run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to get more information about your system. Please run this utility and attach the report to this thread.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

In addition, you may also verify if Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is enabled, which allows systems to get higher performance. Keep in mind that these results may vary depending on environment and platform design.

Wanner G.
AMarz
Beginner

Hello, add the results, so I see that everything is fine. also update the BIOS with the gigabyte software. and it continues to work the same. My motherboard is model: H87M-D3H

0 Kudos
AMarz
Beginner

Hello, I wanted to tell you that I solved the problem, this was because the energy saving was limiting the processor to 80%, I hope this will help someone else in the community, thank you very much for taking the time to answer a greeting!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Toro8899,

I appreciate your response.

This is very useful information. I am glad to know that you were able to resolve this problem. This will definitely help others in this community.

Regards,

Wanner G.
0 Kudos