Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Processor / motherboard upgrade

MManl
Beginner

Ok I know this is going to sound extreme and probably pointless but I have a question. I have a dell precision m4600. Now I have maxed out my CPU, GPU, RAM and Storage. But I wanted just a little more performance and was going to upgrade my laptop motherboard, so that I can upgrade my CPU. Are there any motherboards that fit the case for the Dell Precision m4600 that allow me to put a better CPU in it. Or is there an upgraded m4600 motherboard? Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
srobi8
Beginner

Most of the beginners may not sort out such kind of up gradation issues on their motherboard or processor as they get various errors. They must need a proper solution by

https://www.gmailtechnicalsupportnumbers.com/blog/how-to-fix-outlook-error-code-0x80070057/ that they are capable to solve easily.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello MManl, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. In order to upgrade the motherboard and processor of your laptop you actually need to contact the manufacturer of the laptop in question. This is because, even though you may get a motherboard and processor that fit the case, they may present incompatibilities or it may not even boot. Please get in contact with Dell* for more assistance with the upgrade. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos